Saturday, October 10, 2009

Mug Shots

I threw 8 mugs yesterday (only 7 made it), 1 pie plate, a dinner plate, a spoon rest, a sauce bowl, a condiment bowl and a lid for a jar. My goal, besides throwing 25 pounds of clay in 1 day, was to make mugs that matched. Despite weighing the clay, marking the height, and diameters, they didn't all match. They didn't even come close! so I'm thinking, there must be something here I am missing. I'm going to have to make, like, 100 mugs to get a set to match.

We have mumfest this weekend. A royal pain in the tush. Literally. I have to ride my bike to work because there's no place to park! I'm going in tomorrow to trim my pie plate and a couple other items. I'll take photos of the mugs.


Update: Here is a picture of one of the mugs!

2 comments:

Miss Haley said...

aw mom, biking isn't THAT bad...

haley said...

mom--I linked your blog to our new website (www.artandmaterials.webs.com) we will use our domain name as soon as i finish it. when you're ready, I will link your blog to the website and fix it for you.

~H

My pottery

My pottery

My pottery

My pottery

My pottery

My pottery

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP