Sunday, April 19, 2009

Putting art on the back burner


Here is a picture of one of my recent pots. I did a few of them. They are gone too. They sold at the gallery where some of my work is. Don't be too impressed, it just a co-op gallery. But still, I was invited to join and it does feel good when someone buys my work.

Sometimes when I visit our studio (the one in the store, not my own personal studio at home) I see some pretty cool pots. I think to myself "I could do that..." But I'm too busy cleaning up the studio, helping people, working, taking care of children, home-schooling, supporting, nurturing. All the while I know, in the back of my mind, that I have the skill inside me.

Once in a while I get some time, but not very often. Not often enough. It almost drives me crazy. But this is the time in my life when I have a lot of responsibilities. I don't think God would be pleased if I ignored them, even though I sometimes desperately want to. It's not that I don't want to be a mother. I would discard all my artistic desires in the trash heap if forced to make a choice. But I just want someone to know that it's there. I want to remember that the skills and talent are there. I yearn to use them. It aches inside sometimes to spend the day cooking beans and washing floors, but I know I'm doing more than that. I'm loving my family and investing myself in them. That is important stuff. Eternal stuff. I need to remember that too.

No comments:

My pottery

My pottery

My pottery

My pottery

My pottery

My pottery

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP