Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Switching Gears Now


I've been teaching beginning wheel classes so long now, that I can tell what someone is doing wrong just by looking at the clay on the wheel. Sometimes I have to watch them actually trying to throw, but now, more often than not, I can just look at the clay.

I've been throwing little loafers clay, which is very soft and white. I've been enjoying it, but now I want to change. I'm going back to speckled brownstone. I'm going to make a series of mugs, pitchers, plates, casseroles, salad bowls that have bears on them. The 300th anniversary of New Bern is coming up and I want to be ready for it.

Ever feel like you see something big coming? That's how I feel. I think next year is going to be good for my pottery.

Haley is a senior this year. Hannah is a junior. At the end of next year, I'll be down to two students at home. I'm really really looking forward to that!

1 comment:

Miss Haley said...

haha you just can't wait to get rid of me!

My pottery

My pottery

My pottery

My pottery

My pottery

My pottery

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP